The Social Action Committee of the Detroit Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and the Midwest Region Domestic/Sexual Violence Initiative request your presence at the fourth annual Take Back the Night (TBTN) Detroit on Friday, April 13, 2012, at Marygrove College. The Detroit Alumnae Chapter will be sponsoring "The Clothesline Project," a visual display bearing witness to the violence against women. T-shirts representing women's experiences will be hung on a clothesline. Please visit www.clotheslineproject.org for more information.
In preparation for TBTN, Sorors are asked to do the following:
- Decorate a T-shirt for yourself or someone who has been touched by domestic violence/sexual assault.
- Bring the T-shirt to TBTN on April 13
- Join the Social Action committee members in setting up the Clothesline Project at the event and assisting students with creating their own shirts
- Attend TBTN wearing your DST paraphernalia and participate in the program and march
- Invite others to participate and attend
This event is free and open to the public. For details, click here to download the event flyer. If you have any questions, please contact Soror Larmender A. Davis, Domestic/Sexual Violence Initiative Coordinator.